Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Trashy Christmas

Look what I made out of trash.

I saw this at Sew Many Ways and thought it was too adorable not to copy.

 I gathered up my supplies.  She used red spray paint, but I didnt' have any, but I have lots of fabric. I wrapped it around the can.  Hot glued it into place and added some buttons for flair (cuz we all need a little more flair). 
 I grabbed a bunch of branches from my dead peach tree (the drought was rough on my yard) and made some reindeer out of card stock. I used the same pattern from my reindeer pillows.  I cut down an old belt and voila-centerpiece. (table runner is from Target if you're wondering).
Now we're off to Chick-fil-b/c I chose to make this instead of dinner.
1.
Pin It
Linking up here.

5 comments:

  1. I love the table runner. The "santa belly" is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the reindeer cutouts and the big belt on Santa's belly :)
    Jenny
    Please stop on over and enter our FREE GIFTS for Christmas giveaways!
    www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the table runner. The can is very cute. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

    Melanie
    www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for linking up to Mom it monday! I have shared your idea on the Brassy Apple FB page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the table runner, it's fun looking. Sometimes our holiday decorating can be so formal at times. I like the whimsy of your decorations. Love the reindeer, they are such an underrated animal. Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best and wishing you Happy Holiday's.

    ReplyDelete