Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Eve @ our House

 Of course, we read Luke Chapter 2 each Christmas Eve. A few years ago, we decided we should start a fun family Christmas tradition.  Here's what the kids came up:

I make their favorite snacks, it varies from year to year, but they always request: Chicken Pockets
 and Pizza pockets
and Black Bean and Corn Salsa 

They also have already requested Peppermint Bark Brownie Bites for this year.

We spread out beach blankets in front of the TV and we watch the movie ELF.  Its always on TV, but we all wait to watch in on Christmas Eve to make it more special.  After the movie, they each get to open a present-which are always PJ's. I try to find them something matching (harder than it sounds).  Last year, I thought it would be fun to make them t-shirts with our favorite quotes from Elf.


The four Elf Food Groups

Buddy the Elf.  What's your favorite color?
Smiling is my favorite.

Not pictured (b/c my son wore it over weekend and spilled hot chocolate all over it)  is one that says "That's shocking!".  I just used regular craft paint and used freezer paper and my Cricut to make the stencils.  I made these last year and the boys have worn them all year long, so they held up pretty well.


I've got something fun for this year too, but I can't blog about it until after Christmas, so I don't spoil any surprises.

Do you have any fun traditions?




3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love the Buddy the Elf shirts! My girls think that is the best movie ever made! This is the first year we will be home the night of Christmas Eve and I can't decide what to do yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Your Christmas Eve sounds like fun. And, those shirts....you could market them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooo cute! Thank you for sharing this on Wednesday Pinterest Favorites!

    ReplyDelete