Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tip for military wives and scout moms

Do you want to know an easy trick to get all of your husband's military patches sewn on.  Have him get it done on base:)  It only cost a few bucks and it's tax deductible .






OK, here's my real hint.  Use clear thread to sew on the patches.  Then you don't have to match the color of the patch and if you sew really awful  no one can tell.

From the front: perfection

From the back, you can see what a bad job I did, but thanks to the miracle of clear thread it will be out little secret.
(the dark spots are from left-over adhesives)
I know that some people use no-sew adhesives for patches.  These are great if you never need to remove the patches, but as often as we move, they don't work for us.

8 comments:

  1. Hey, I gave you an award on my blog tody cuz I think you rock and are freaking awesome, stop by to see it!
    http://collardgreenshomemadethings.blogspot.com/
    -Bry

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I am afraid to sew on my hubby's patches for his Navy uniform so we are going to the base today!!! But thanks for the tip with clear thread. I will have to use it for the boy scout uniforms(2 boys = alot of patches). Those i am no so scared of.
    ladeedacreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip to a gal like me who can't sew. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great tip for another novice sewer! Great blog post as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why didn't you tell me this years ago? ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great tip!! TFS!! Stopping by from your "Putting Pinterest to the test" post. This will be great for my husband's uniforms and amp covers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great tip! I need to do this because, while I can sew, it is so hard to sew the patched well. I would love it if you would share this at my new link party: http://www.realcoake.blogspot.com/2013/02/real-family-fun-1.html
    Have a great weekend.
    KC

    ReplyDelete